Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) 2022-23
Research in: Canada
Course begins Might/Sept 2023
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) was created to draw and retain world-class doctoral college students and to determine Canada as a worldwide centre of excellence in analysis and better studying. The scholarships are in direction of a doctoral diploma (or mixed MA/PhD or MD/PhD).
Canadian Universities with Vanier CGS allocation. With out exception, the Vanier CGS is tenable solely on the eligible Canadian establishment that submitted the nomination.
Degree/Subject(s) of research:
PhD programmes (or mixed MA/PhD or MD/PhD) in health analysis; pure sciences and/or engineering analysis; and social sciences and/or humanities analysis
An eligible doctoral program should embody a major analysis part that results in the completion of a thesis, main analysis challenge, dissertation, scholarly publication, efficiency, recital and/or exhibit that’s advantage/expert-reviewed on the institutional degree as requirement for a completion of this system.
Joint graduate analysis applications with an expert diploma (e.g., MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) in addition to clinically-oriented applications of research, together with medical psychology, are additionally eligible applications if they’ve a major autonomous analysis part, as described above.
Variety of Scholarships:
As much as 166 scholarships are awarded yearly
Canadian residents, everlasting residents of Canada and overseas residents are eligible to be nominated for a Vanier CGS.
The scholarships is value $50,000 per yr for 3 years.
To be thought-about for a Vanier CGS, it’s essential to:
• be nominated by just one Canadian establishment, which will need to have obtained a Vanier CGS quota;
• be pursuing your first doctoral diploma (together with joint undergraduate/graduate analysis program equivalent to: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD – if it has a demonstrated and vital analysis part). Notice that solely the PhD portion of a mixed diploma is eligible for funding;
• intend to pursue, in the summertime semester or the tutorial yr following the announcement of outcomes, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate program equivalent to: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) research and analysis on the nominating establishment; Notice that solely the PhD portion of a mixed diploma is eligible for funding;
• have accomplished not more than 20 months of doctoral research as of 1 Might 2023
• have accomplished not more than 32 months of full-time research of their doctoral program, by 1 Might 2023 if:
- enrolled in a joint graduate analysis program, e.g., MD/PhD, MA/PhD, DVM/PhD. Candidates that fall into this class have entry to the 32-month window whether or not or not they have been beforehand enrolled in a Grasp’s program; or
- accelerated instantly from a Bachelor’s to a PhD (no time spent in a Grasp’s program); or
- accelerated from a Grasp’s diploma right into a Doctoral program with out acquiring the Grasp’s diploma.
• have achieved a first-class common, as decided by your establishment, in every of the final two years of full-time research or equal. Candidates are inspired to contact the establishment for its definition of a first-class common; and
• should not maintain, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or full a doctoral diploma.
Candidates should be nominated by a Canadian Establishment with a quota at which they wish to research. Candidates can not apply on to the Vanier CGS program.
Purposes are initiated in certainly one of two methods. Both the coed informs the school of graduate research on the chosen establishment of their intent to use to the Vanier CGS program OR the establishment initiates the nomination course of by contacting the specified candidate.
Purposes are ready by the coed and submitted to the nominating establishment by their inside deadline utilizing the ResearchNet utility system. The nominating establishment then forwards really helpful nominations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat) by 1 November 2022.
You will need to go to the official web site (hyperlink discovered under) to entry the appliance kind and to know the whole particulars on find out how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Web site: http://www.vanier.gc.ca/en/home-accueil.html
See additionally: Record of Scholarships in Canada